Friday, May 30, 2008

At the dorms in Dillon (University of Montana Western). Not too pleased.

I got the internet to work on my macbook, but both of our double room's two ethernet jacks are on the same side of it, behind my desk.  My roomie can't get hers to work on her XP laptop despite the written directions are given for XP and Vista and not Mac OS X.  

Pissed off that Adium, iChat, and torrents are firewalled. Stupid dorm!!!  This is exactly why I moved into an apartment, to use in internet like an ADULT. 

Also this town has a Safeway and a pizza hut.  

On a happier note, driving through Utah was probably the prettiest stuff I've ever seen.

She's going to jack the jack my mac's using now to see if one of the two jacks is broken.

Also, for my iPhone I have some weird network called Extended USA - not my usual T-Mobile. I wonder if I am roaming?

Ps: Turns out there are two ethernet ports for every double dorm room and everybody but us in the entirety of field camp has a double room to themselves, but we got the one double that has only ONE working ethernet port, while the people living alone have ports to spare.  So we need to find an ethernet splitter.  Ghetto, UM Western. ghetto.

4 comments:

Kate said...

You can set up aim through google-messenger, which can't be blocked yet :)

cenedrawood said...

WTF. that's bull shit. you shouldnt have to share a room when no one else does. make someone else share rooms. get a room to yourself.

Anonymous said...

I would die w/o internet, or rather, without messengers. D: (I somehow managed to survive this week though!)


Just wanted to let you know that the fashion show went pretty well and that I'll have photos up by tomorrow! :D

Anonymous said...

use AIM express. i think you can get to it through AIM.com or something - it's java based so you should be okay =)