Sunday, June 8, 2008

Rat's Nest

Yesterday me and my field partner visited "the rat's nest", a small but very complicated area of our field location near Block Mountain, MT, which all of us have been avoiding.  It sucked and was really perplexing, and we have to revisit it tomorrow.  

But for now, today is our day off. After we left the field at 5:30 yesterday we stopped at the "taco bus" a local authentic mexican place, where I actually found a vegan dinner for $3 (everybody else's were $7 or $8, and they got second plates because that was just for three meat tacos).  It was just simple nachos with meatless beans and all the avocado they had left, and a delicious spicy salsa.  

Then last night we went out for beers at Rookies, that was a lot of fun.  I slept in til 10:00am, but my roommate got up at 7:00~ish for breakfast in the dorm caf, and she got me a banana like I asked, which made my breakfast.

Then we went out to errands. Then came back and napped.

Currently watching V for Vendetta ($10 DVDs were on sale buy one get one free at the local Alco) while working on a stereonet for the anticline in the field area, and a topographic profile for a cross section through a hypothetical potential well location in the area to look for hydrocarbons.


I really love this movie.  Stephen Fry!  Natalie Portman!  V!

I also got to download and watch friday's Battlestar Galactica episode, which was totally great and made me cry.  Best show ever!

and jenny just sat on a stereonet tack hahaha

I am enjoying this day off.  

No comments: