Tuesday, June 3, 2008

First day off

Oh my god, why does there have to be drama, among two of my friends here?? 
We're geologists, at field camp of all places this should not be happening!! I know we're girls, but we should be better than that.

Anyway.

We partied hard last night after we all turned in our project, we all stumbled home from the 2nd bar we hopped to at 2:30 am. I got four free beers, who knows who bought them.  My professor bought me one of them, but the others were from pitchers that other people bought.  Who cares, free booze!

I woke up at 10:30 or so feelin' fine, I showered, and then we all went into town around 11:30 to spend our day off. First we went to a little diner for lunch (I had already eaten a PB & J sandwich, but my roommate and I shared sweet potato fries). Then we took the department vehicle into town and parked.  I walked to the natural health food store first, in search for vegan jerky.  Failure, but, they do have nuts, dried fruit, soy and rice ice cream, and lots of vegan and gluten free cookies and cereal.  I refrained from partaking, I'll get a care package from my mom hopefully soon.
Me and my roommate went to the CD/record shop and she got stuff and we got a Paramore poster for our room for free off the wall, cuz the guy working there was totally awesome.

Then I got some nice field shirts, sweater, and a sports bra at the Patagonia outlet, all totally discounted.  Talked to the Patagonia cashier girls about where we were from and why we were here (rocks!) and where we are staying, and one of the girls who is a vegetarian about how difficult that is in Montana. 

 There are more cows here than people per square mile, she said, and it's the largest beef producing state.  All the cows we pass in pastures on the way to our field areas are beef (angus) cows, I found out. Poor cows :(  

Laundry time! I love free day...

No comments: