Thursday, June 5, 2008

Folds confuse me.

Another long day of hiking and mapping in contacts, folds, and faults in the field today.  It was the opposite of rainy today - it got really hot and sunny, which brings out the snakes.  Saw two rattlesnakes this afternoon, my field partner almost stepped on and got bit by a huge one, could've easily gotten her from the few feet away she was.  It was scary.   We saw a little baby racer snake this morning.  Surprised the crap out of me, but it was cute and not that scary.

I keep having problems with my walkie talkie (we all have one in the field for safety and communication) such as it turns itself on without pressing the button and the button sticks, you can't even feel the button push down (it's broken) so people can hear me and my friend chatting for 10 minutes before I realize it's on.  All my classmates got to hear a conversation between us about being bit by a rattlesnake on the crotch whilst using the facilities in the field, but in much less PG words... 
It was bad.  So I was tired of this happening a billion times every day, so I took out the batteries and shoved the cheap piece of crap into the depths of my field backpack.

I had a baked potato with my usual salad for dinner tonight.  Yum!  I brought it back to my dorm room and ate it with vegan butter I bought at Safeway.  I always crave something more than vegetables with french dressing for dinner after burning at least 2500 calories out in the field.


No comments: